Maple-Bacon Pancake Bites – Breakfast in Your Hand! The perfect new breakfast for back to school- meet the Maple – Bacon Pancake Bites! These things are freaking delicious! Any breakfast item you can shove into your offspring’s grimy paw to eat on the way to the car is genius. The recipe is at the bottom of this post.
(Image credit: Nassau County Police Department)
Also today, what happens when you’re pretending to be a cop and you pull over a vanload of the real thing? Sorry, I just cackled when I told this story. Like, full-out witch cackle.
And Metallica. You know, the heavy metal band. Is there nothing they can’t do? We’ll explain their latest piece of Awesome. Who knew someone who could scream the song “Enter Sandman” loud enough to give me nightmares should really be nominated for sainthood?
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of milk
1/4 cup REAL maple syrup (it does make a huge difference)
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
a pinch of salt
1 pound of bacon, crispy and chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine the dry ingredients- flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in one bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and vinegar, stir and let set for one minute. Then whisk in vanilla, eggs and butter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray two muffin tins well, pour the batter in to about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 7-12 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- As the muffins are cooling, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and maple syrup together in a small bowl, making sure to get rid of all the cream cheese lumps. You want a smooth, slightly thick texture.
- Take the now-cool muffin and dip the top into the frosting mixture to cover the top, then adding bacon garnish.