Welcome to the Week of Chocolate! In honor of Chocolate Villa – our amazing new sponsor – it’s all chocolate recipes. (After surviving Zucchini Week, you deserve this.) Today’s tastiness is a white chocolate cookie with cranberries and macadamia nuts. Find the easy-peasy recipe below. BTW: Have you tried our Hot Chocolate Cupcakes? Find the recipe here.
(image credit: Pexels)
Also! If you fly a drone over a Utah wildfire and down all the fire aircraft, you should be beaten over the head with said drone. The huge fire in Utah county raged while fire-suppression aircraft had to be grounded while some moron cheerfully flew his drone over the wildfire… which continued unabated while he got some “epic photos!” So not cool.
How Metallica saved a hiker from a cougar, broiling steaks on your car’s dashboard and accidental circumcisions. I’m not sure how you handle an “accidental” circumcision from the hospital’s point of view, but apparently, it involves tens of thousands of dollars.
Plus! Epic images from last night’s scary thunderstorm across the Wasatch Front.
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and baking chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. (I’ve noticed these freeze very well, so I’ll make a batch and undercook them by a couple of minutes. When I pull them out of the freezer, I heat them up at 350 for 2-3 minutes and they’re perfect.